Friday 12 June 2009

City of Heroes - My Characters - Tanko the Human Tank

Tanko the Human Tank

Tanko the human tank is a Controller. Of course I'm kidding, tanko is a tank, Based around Invincibility and Super Strength. I designed him, initially for a laugh, so much so that I still retain his comedy origin story. I do enjoy playing a tank. He is also the first character I created on Union.


Tanko was a mild mannered worker at a tank factory until one day the tank he was working on fell into a sizable vat of toxic waste which was then struck by lightening and probably bathed on cosmic rays. On emerging he had gained mysterious tank like powers, based around increased strength and invulnerability. In fact his skin is now plate metal, like tank armour.


With the factory he worked in now closed due to health and safety reasons he retreated to the Hollows where he lived as a recluse for some time, fighting trolls and saving the odd hero, over this time he built some extra armour pieces on to his skin and formed a costume. Eventually he was discovered by the superhuman Strike force freedom and returned to society in general. As well as general heroing he works part time as a bouncer and has even found a big and tall store to get clothes that fit.

I designed Tanko for fun, but always liked the idea of him as a Ben Grimm type character, huge and quite terrifying, but a big softy at heart (I was a hair away from giving him the little cat on his shoulder, it may still show up in a later alt. Other than that, he's a slugger, noting clever, goes in with great pounding fists and tries to be the centre of the brawl. A fun guy to know.

2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten how much fun you'd had with his origin :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wen't a little to town on it.

    ReplyDelete