Wednesday 20 June 2007

Battlestar Galactica

Thought I'd cut form the innane ramblings of my general life to talk a little about Battlestar Galactica. I must warn you that spoilers will followI finished the 3rd season a couple of weeks ago, and even with a couple of slightly slow episodes (SOme of the cylon stuff as a little flat) its been cracking. We have Adama's crazy plan of allowing teh galactica to plummet though teh new caprican atmosphere to launch Vipers, we have the classic pan away with teh Galactica being pummeled by base stars right before the shots from teh pegasus fly in. and in teh last 3 parts we have the trial of Gius Baltar, plus the extra mystery of the music, a particulalry effective device where certain characters hear snaches of music, indeed at first you think its a ramdom piece of music written for teh show, until near teh end of the episode, where just as the affected cast members click, you suddenly realise the tune is "Along the watchtower" Brilliant stuff.Heroes has also been blowing just about everyting away, but I'm stuck at episode 11 as my downloads of 11 and 12 have no soudn and i'm having tod o them again. grr.Life in the Marvel universe continues to develop in the Post Civil war area, despite reservations of the series, I think most woudl be hard pressed to deny that the MU is a far more interesting place post Civil War. You can whine on about Iron Man being "evil" and how badly written Spider man is, but tehr aft of exciting new stuff like Mighty Avenegrs, The initiative, Omega FLight and Loners really offset this. Plus the cosmic side grows out of the secret massive event that was Anihilation, with teh new Nova title being top notch anc Conquest on the horizon.In real life, my social calender continues to be full.Destiny has brought me a festival of beer. The paisley beer festival is a week on friday, and fate has destined me to go, see I have a trining course on Friday, in Paisley, so as well as a lie in I'm literally accross teh road from teh festival. Now all I need is some company, as the great Shatner said "Drinking alone is alcoholism"

No comments:

Post a Comment